(Regular Price: $36.74)
Availability: In Stock
Designed for both pools and spas
- 1 quart per 15,000 gallons of pool water
- 1 ounce per 500 gallons of spa water
Directions for use:
1. Turn the pump off. If using LEAK STOP in a pool with an automatic pool cleaner, remove it from the pool.
2. Set the filter on BYPASS or RECIRCULATE. If neither of these settings are available,remove grids or filter cartridges from the filtration units before using this treatment.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USE IN SPAS: It is possible that fine fountain jets may be blocked when product is applied to the water.
3. Leak Stop should be added at the rate of 1 quart per 15,000 gallons of pool water and 1 ounce per 500 gallons of spa water.
There are 2 methods of application of product, depending on the location of the leak: (IF UNSURE OF THE LOCATION OF THE LEAK, USE METHOD B.)
(A) LEAK IN THE POOL/SPA SURFACE: If you are sure of the location of the leak (ex: around a light or the skimmer), pour product directly directly into the water in the vicinity of the leak.
(B) LEAK IN THE PIPING: Add the correct dose of product directly into the skimmer. Set up a pool vacuum hose with vacuum head attached as you would for normal pool cleaning. Place the vacuum head at the deepest point of the pool. Ensure that the hose is free of air. (This method ensures maximum circulation through the piping.)
4. Wait 30 minutes after adding the product, then turn the pump on. Leave the pump running for a minimum of 8 hours.
5. Mark the water level and check in 24 hours.
6. A second application may be required in larger pools.
7. Return the filter setting to normal once Leak Stop has taken effect and resume normal filtration. Swimming may be resumed 24 hours after the addition of the product.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is designed to seal minor leaks )where the water level drops up to 1 inch per day in a 15,000 gallon pool. Larger leaks will require conventional plumbing.
CAUTION: WEAR GLOVES, EYE AND FACE PROTECTION DURING APPLICATION.
Made in the USA